We do more than just rent your property – we manage it. The Property Management Department at Neuse Realty will do all that we can to provide the best and most comprehensive management of your long-term rental property. We can help you realize the full earning potential of your property without the problems that come with it.
As your management agent, we will assess the potential rental value of your property, advertise and market it, thoroughly screen renters, deal with all the paperwork and payments, guide you to be in compliance with all Fair Housing Laws and NC regulations, provide 24-hour emergency service for tenants, provide maintenance services and be available to you through the entire process. Neuse Realty Property Management is located in Fairfield Harbour and serves all of New Bern and the surrounding areas.
We manage the following property types:
- Single Family Homes
- Town Homes
- Furnished and unfurnished units
We offer the following management services:
Marketing and Leasing Services
- Prepare a Comparative Market Analysis for the property and provide suggestions to the owner to increase marketability for maximum rent. We want to ensure that your property remains in rentable condition and shows to prospective tenants in its’ best light.
- Advertise the property using up-to-date photos and information available on our website and other Internet search engines.
- Show the property to prospective tenants and qualify applicants through a credit approval process and criminal background check.
- Pre-pare all lease documents and provide new tenants with all appropriate information such as utility information, rules and regulations, amenities in the area, etc.
- Handle security deposit in accordance with North Carolina Law
- Pre-rental inspections in between tenancies at which time we provide the owners with suggestions of needed repairs/upgrades to keep property competitive.
- Cooperation with other brokers when a property is listed for sale and tenant occupied.
- Monthly collection of rent and issuance of appropriate late notices/fees to tenants
- File for and follow through with eviction for failure to pay rent/damages, if necessary, to minimize owner losses.
- Negotiation between the long-term best interests of the owner and best interests of tenants during extraordinary circumstances.
- Filing in Small Claims Court for non-payment of rent or damages to protect owner’s interest when deemed appropriate.
- Maximize potential recovery, when deemed appropriate, by referral of bad debt accounts to collection agency.
- Proper trust account procedures regarding the handling of receipts, payment of invoices and signing of checks in accordance with NC State Law
- Direct Deposit of monthly rent checks
- Monthly Owner’s Statement displaying each rental unit’s income and itemized lines of monthly expenses
- Private Online Owner Portals with 24/7 access to current and past monthly Owner’s Statements
- End of the year 1099’s along with a Property Statement reflecting all property activity for the year for owner tax filing
Maintenance and Repairs:
- Receive and respond to general and emergency maintenance issues reported by tenants
- Provide handyman services to perform general repairs and maintenance to your property as recommended and required under NC State Law
- Schedule and coordinate professional services for major repairs utilizing the services of a wide variety of independent contractors allowing the flexibility of matching the right contractor to the size, complexity and scope of work involved.
- Gather estimates from local competitors as appropriate so the owner can make informed decisions.
24-Hour Answering Service:
Our 24-hour voice mail system provides tenants with an alternate emergency number in which to contact if there is a true emergency.
Tenant Placement Services:
If you are property owner that just needs a little help with tenant placement, we can help you too! We can provide the services to advertise and show your property, as well as screen potential renters and prepare the lease documents.